Saturday, May 9, 2009

“Allergy Moms” Newsletter

Here is a link to the latest issue of the Allergy Moms online newsletter. In it is the heart-wrenching story of a family that lost one of their sons due to a severe anaphylactic reaction while on holiday.

One of the most difficult things in dealing with a food allergy is explaining just how severe the allergy can be. Sadly, it’s not really driven home until we see it first-hand. I’ve even had family members whine that they couldn’t have a peanut butter sandwich while we were visiting – the worst part was that the person whining is older than me.

So please take time to read the article entitled A Parent’s Worst Nightmare. Maybe it can help to explain the fear and worry without having to witness a life-threatening reaction for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link. I believe I had gotten an email about this but I hadn't taken the time to read it. I just did. Thank you.

    It is Food Allergy Awareness Week. Read my latest allergy post: Works-for-Me Wednesday: Medicine Bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our pleasure! We're sorting through the information we've been gathering over the last few years and more than happy to share.

    ReplyDelete