Monday, May 4, 2009

What it’s Like

As an answer to my last post, here’s an entry penned by our oldest son, Joseph, on what it’s like to have a peanut allergy.

For me to have a food allergy really sucks. My allergy is peanuts. Peanuts could be in just about anything, examples: peanuts are in milk from the United States, in some body oils, cooking oils and even in some cereals. My brothers are also allergic to nuts. Liam, my youngest brother, is anaphylactic. For those of you who don’t know what anaphylactic means, it means you could die from having a little amount of what you’re allergic to. Liam is also airborne allergic. So you could eat peanut butter for breakfast, but if you go near him he could react. I hope you’ve learned a little about peanut allergens.

No comments:

Post a Comment